On July 30th, 2023, women in Kadugli also organised a protest stance to reject and oppose war and speak out against the numerous violations against women. Holding posters with slogans calling for an end to war and violence against women. They also made a public statement on the War.
Text of the statement:
Statement No. (3)
The honorable fans of South Kordofan state:
You have followed the ongoing war in Sudan between the Sudanese armed forces and the rapid support militia, which is sponsored and managed by foreign hands and axis, which has no interest in the security and stability of the country, where thousands of victims of lives, wounded and missing, and a large number of families have been displaced to different states of Sudan, and since those outbreak The war on April 15, 2023 AD was one of the safest states in Sudan, due to no dispute between the disputed parties in Khartoum.
But the fires of sedition intensified and increased its flames to reach the state recently to ignite the fires of the war between the Sudanese army and the People’s Army for Sudan Liberation led by Abdulaziz Adam Al-Halo, which claimed a number of lives and displaced hundreds of families from their homes.
The great people of South Kordofan:
Sudanese women had a great role in the history of the Sudanese struggle, especially the participation of women in all Sudanese revolutions, especially the Great December Revolution, which aims to achieve the slogan of freedom, peace and justice, and as an inspiration for women’s struggles extended across the historical field and seeking to achieve the aspirations and hopes of women to end wars in Sudan and achieve inclusive peace Sustam founded a civil state in which social, political and economic justice is considered between the sexes, we, the women of Kaduqli, reject the war in Sudan in general and the south of Kordofan in particular, and we condemn all violations against humanity committed by the conflict parties of lives and property, rape of women, homelessness and displacement of thousands of families, and we demand the conflict parties in the south Kordofan Palaty:
1. We, in the state of South Kordofan, do not need more wars and conflicts that have destroyed the state economically, socially and politically, and destroyed its citizens throughout history; therefore, we demand on both sides of the conflict to stop firing and stop hostilities.
2. The futile war in Khartoum that has extended to Darfur and Kordofan has unraveled a new reality that has increased the complexity of the Sudanese crisis and there is a new context that is almost destroying Sudan and its people need all of us as Sudanese to work together to stop the war and end the crisis in Sudan.
3. Southern Kordofan has 40588 displaced from the war in Khartoum with an average of 70062 families mostly women and children, dispersed in the localities of the different state need security, protection and care, a responsibility that is upon everyone’s responsibility that must be taken care of by the disputed parties.
4. War in this period disrupts the farming season and disrupt the movement of farmers and herders knowing that the state is entirely dependent on agriculture and grazing.
5. Military escalation between the sides of the dispute imposes a complex security reality that hinders trade, mobility and work movement especially women working in the disorganized sector (tea and food sellers) who are forced to stop working in the evenings under the emergency law and curfew.
Final: We appeal to the conflict parties to accept the historical responsibility towards the people of South Kurdufan to stop the war and return to the political solution to build a comprehensive peace established for a democratic state. We also appeal to civil society organizations to provide humanitarian aid to those affected by the war, and to take community initiatives to stop the war, and support peace in South Kurdufan and Sudan.
Kadugli WomenKadugli Women, July 30, 2023
Date: 30 July 2023